BLACK BEAN BROWNIES
OVEN 350’ Grease 8x8 pan
1 19oz can black beans (rinsed and drained)
2 TBSP Olive oil
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
3 TBSP cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
PROCESS IN BLENDER until smooth, pour into oiled pan
Sprinkle with nuts and/or choc chips
BAKE 30 mins or so.
STIR BREAD recipe to make cinnamon fruit swirls
This is the fastest and simplest yeasted bread recipe that I know of. From thinking about it to eating it takes only 1.5 hours. It is also a beautiful bread to braid or to use for pizza or calzones.
Ingredients: makes 1 standard loaf or 12 buns or 12 cinnamon buns or 1 braided loaf.
1 Tbsp. granulated yeast
1.25 c. warm water
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. soft butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1.5 c. all purpose flour plus
1.5 c. all purpose flour plus up to a quarter cup more flour if the dough is sticky.
1. In a medium, 2 litre bowl, sprinkle yeast over very warm but not hot water for 10 minutes.
2. Stir honey, butter and salt into yeasty water.
3. Add first 1.5 c. flour. Stir well to incorporate all the ingredients. Beat for 30 seconds.
4. Add next 1.5 c. flour. Stir well, adding more flour if needed to keep the dough from sticking to the edges of the bowl, cover the whole thing with plastic wrap and let rise 30 minutes in a warm, draft free place, until doubled in bulk. .
5. Stir 25 times. Shape into loaf or into cinnamon buns or dinner buns.
6. Place in a greased pie plate or onto a greased baking sheet. Let rise 30 minutes.
7. Bake a loaf at 375 deg. F. for 30 - 40 minutes.
8. Bake buns at 400 deg. F for 20 - 25 minutes.
Cinnamon buns: as at FLAVOUR: Mix 1 cup of brown sugar plus 2 tsp. ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg and 1/4 tsp. ground cardamon seeds. Set aside.
Melt 1/2 cup butter.
Dice 1/2 cup dry fruit - cherries, raisins or craisins and add them plus one grated apple (gently squeeze out the juice - and drink it) to the dough in part 4 of the method.
Divide the dough in 4 portions, roll each out into a rectangle. 20 cm long by 10 cm wide. coat rolled out dough with melted butter, then sprinkle with one quarter of the sugar mix, roll up like a jelly roll or a nori roll, keeping the log even. Place seam side down on a parchment covered baking sheet, or a greased baking sheet.
Brush with an egg wash (one beaten egg plus 1/3 cup milk) and sprinkle with sugar, then let rise while making the rest of the loaves.
Bake at 375 ºF. for 20 - 25 minutes until golden brown and tests 190ºF with a thermometer.