We are seeking several guest speakers for our 6 week ‘Food e-Academy’ program for youth aged 15-18. The program is held each Saturday from April 9th to May 14th from 10am-1pm.
Food e-Academy is a new program for young foodies who are passionate about our local food system. They will learn about the local food economy through hands-on experience from production (tour farms and community gardens), processing (visit and learn from local food makers), food policy/security (learn from local food agencies) to eating (create amazing meals with locally sourced ingredients).
Over the course of the session together we will collaborate what we have learned through a digital story which will be shared with the community. Youth will also be invited to start the Comox Valley’s first Youth Food Council.
We are looking for inspiring and dynamic guest speakers with various backgrounds/experience in the local food economy to present and share their dynamic perspectives with our class. Opportunities for field trips and/or hands-on experiences are encouraged.
- Plan and facilitate a topic ranging from topics on production, processing, food policy, to eating
- Engage program participants
- Introduce new concepts to the students
- Debrief with Program Coordinator after session to for reporting and program evaluation
What We Need from You
- Demonstrated experience with the local food economy
- Experience working with or teaching youth is a considerable asset
- Ability to multitask and remain positive while working under pressure
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with local farmers, restauranteurs, volunteers and other members of the local food economy.
- Team player with professional standards, positive attitude and flexibility
Remuneration is on a per-lecture basis.
Please submit your interest and resume to Andrea at email@example.com